We reserve the right to amend these Terms and
Restrictions of Use
goodwaystowin.com and our competitions are only open to residents
If we have reason to believe a registered member is under the age of 18, from a country outside of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland or acting on the behalf of someone else, we have the right to terminate their membership and forfeit their respective winnings.
By registering a membership with goodwaystowin.com and by entering any of competitions you hereby confirm to goodwaystowin.com that at all such times you
live in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland;
are aged 18 years or over;
are acting as principal and not on behalf of anyone else.
Daffodil Raffle 2018
These Terms and Conditions are the Raffle Rules. By entering the raffle, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
1. For the purpose of the Gambling Act 2005, this raffle is defined as a 'Society Lottery'
2. This lottery is being promoted by and on behalf of Marie Curie. Registered Charity: Marie Curie, Charity Number 207994. (A charity registered in England (number 207994 – England & Wales, SC038731 – Scotland), having its principal place of business at 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP.
3. To enter the raffle, players must purchase one or more raffle tickets. Each ticket is unique and has a serial number. This serial number is used to determine the winner.
4. To enter the raffle online you must be resident of the UK and aged 18 (eighteen) or over.
5. Tickets can only be bought online on behalf of those aged 18 (eighteen) and over. Any prizes won with a ticket where the named ticket owner is under 18 will be immediately forfeit.
6. Selling on raffle tickets is illegal in Northern Ireland.
7. The prizes are guaranteed to be at least to the value of the below. From time to time, the volume or values of the prizes may increase on a draw by draw basis.
- 1st prize: £10,000 or an all-inclusive 14 day trip for two to Australia’s Gold Coast, a digital camera, £500 spending money, and a set of luggage all within equal value to £10,000
- 2nd prize: £500 or an iPad mini 4
- 3rd prize: £250 or a designer unisex watch
- 4th Prize:£100 cash or The Chocolatier’s Table gourmet collection of Hotel Chocolat treats
- Plus £20 runners-up prizes of £20
- All entrants who respond within 14 days will additionally be entered in to a free prize draw for one of 30 £20 M&S gift cards.
8. If a cash prize is awarded this will be made by cheque in the name of the entrant only.
9. All ticket stubs must be returned as instructed by the closing date of Friday 19th April 2018 in order to gain entry into the raffle. All late entries received after the closing date will be voided and the monies received for these entries will be treated as a cash donation to Marie Curie. Marie Curie or Valldata Services Ltd. will not be held responsible for any lost, late or incorrectly formatted entries.
10. Full payment for each ticket must be received either in the form of cash or cleared funds before the ticket can be entered into the draw. Only tickets for which full payment has been received either in the form of cash or cleared funds are eligible to win the prize.
11. All tickets shall be priced at £1. Raffle entry sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All entrants acknowledge that their payment of £1 per ticket to enter the raffle does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
12. By entering the raffle, entrants agree that if they win, their titles, surnames and Home Counties will be published on the website and potentially other promotional material. We also request winners to complete a winner questionnaire and return a photo of themselves to use on future promotional material. Should this be returned to Marie Curie the permission to use it can be withdrawn at any time by a winner by emailing [email protected] or writing to Susie Clay, Marie Curie, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP.
13. All proceeds go to Marie Curie.
14. Our external raffle management company is Valldata Services Ltd. The draw for the prizes will be made at our external raffle management company’s premises to be held on Friday 26th April.
15. All ticket stubs will be held securely until the date of the draw. Winning tickets will be determined by a random process in a secure environment and in the presence of an adjudicator. The order of determination of the winning tickets will determine the order of prizes allocated (i.e. the first ticket drawn wins the first prize and so on). Please note: it is not possible to predict the chances of winning a prize as this is not a ‘fixed odds’ raffle. You do not need to be present at the draw to win the raffle. A list of winners will appear on our website www.goodwaystowin.com or are available by phoning our Supporter Relations Team on Freephone 0800 716146 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm). You can also request a list of winners by emailing [email protected]
16. The winners of the raffle prizes will be notified by letter and we will attempt to contact the first, second, and third prize winners by phone. If we do not have these details we will send any prizes/cheques via recorded delivery.
17. Whilst every effort will be made to contact winners, if we are unable to make contact within 14 days of the draw, unclaimed prizes will be reallocated to another raffle entrant. A number of extra draws are made on the draw date in case of this eventuality.
18. Marie Curie shall not be liable to the member for any loss or damage suffered or arising from:
- Any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by Marie Curie or the member from time to time.
- Any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by Marie Curie for the administration of the lottery.
- Any delays or failures in the Banking system used by Marie Curie or the member.
- Any refusal by Marie Curie to accept registration of an individual as a member or the cancellation of a member.
- Any failure to enter a chance into the draw.
- Any event beyond the reasonable control of Marie Curie
19. Marie Curie accepts no liability for loss, theft or delay and is not liable for any late bank payments.
20. There are no alternatives to the cash prize where cash is the only prize on offer and no interest is payable.
21. All entrants are solely responsible for providing Marie Curie with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and Marie Curie will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the entrant has provided. In the event that an entrant changes their contact details, they will be solely responsible for advising Marie Curie of the change.
22. Any complaints relating to the raffle should be sent in writing to Gaming Team, Marie Curie, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP, or by email to [email protected] , giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation.
23. Marie Curie is committed to protecting the supporter’s privacy. Data that is collected from the supporter is used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and is used solely for the purpose of processing raffle chances, subsequent entry into the raffle draw, and informing winners that they have won a prize. Unless otherwise indicated by you, Marie Curie may occasionally send you information via email, post or phone to keep you up to date with our work, future fundraising opportunities and other ways in which you can support us.
Should you wish to change your preferences at any time you can contact our Supporter Relations Team on Freephone 0800 716146 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm)
24. Any supporter has the right to access the information held about them. To obtain this information, please contact Marie Curie in writing.
25. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, the decision of Marie Curie shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
26. Marie Curie reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If Marie Curie does this, it will publish the amended rules.
27. Marie Curie has the right to change or update the Raffle Rules and/or prize fund at its discretion and raffle participants are invited to regularly check the website for updates. Any changes will be made available at www.goodwaystowin.com/termsandconditions and will be available upon request from Marie Curie’s Supporter Care team.
28. Marie Curie reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these rules.
29. Neither Marie Curie nor our raffle management company shall be liable to you in contract, tort, and negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you in relation to your participation in the raffle (including loss of the opportunity to enter the raffle and/or the chance of winning a prize).
30. Each entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their reference.
31. This raffle is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. Should gambling become a problem we recommend you contact the Be Gamble Aware helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit their website on www.begambleaware.org
32. A written copy of these rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Gaming Team, Marie Curie, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP.
33. The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions and Marie Curie and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
34. The raffle closes on Thursday 19th April 2018. All entries received after this date will be accepted as donations. Thank you. The draw will then be held on Thursday 26th April 2018 and the winners will be published on the website five working days after this date.
Please click here to download our responsible gambling policy.
1. This lottery (“the Lottery”) is being promoted by and on behalf of Marie Curie, a charity registered in England (number 207994 – England & Wales, SC038731 - Scotland) which operates as Marie Curie (“the Charity”).
2. The Charity is registered with the Gambling Commission (www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk) to operate the Lottery.
3. The registered Responsible Person for the Marie Curie Weekly Lottery is Meredith Niles.
4. These Terms and Conditions are the Lottery Rules. By entering the Lottery, participants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
5. The Lottery is open to all residents of Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) who are aged 18 (eighteen) or over except:
- Employees of the Sterling Lotteries Ltd.
6. The prizes for the Marie Curie Weekly Lottery are 1st Prize £2,000; 2nd Prize £200; 3rd Prize £75; 4th Prize £50; 5th Prize £25; Runners up: 45 x £10 prizes.
7. Any person found to be under 16 (sixteen) years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
8. When you purchase a ticket on the website, a unique ticket number will be generated, by random selection through secure computer software. This number will be issued to you by post.
9. All tickets are priced at £1 per week. Participants may purchase more than one ticket for each weekly draw and can enter up to 20 entries in the draw each week.
10. All Lottery entry sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All participants acknowledge that their payment of £1 per ticket to enter the Lottery does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
11. Full payment for each ticket must be received in cleared funds before the ticket can be entered into the draw. Only tickets for which full payment has been received are eligible to win a prize.
12. Payment for Lottery tickets can be made by debit/credit card or online Direct Debit.
13. The draw time for entries is every Friday between
14. The winning numbers for each draw will be chosen at random using a computerised system from all entries received by the closing date.
15. The Charity reserves the right in exceptional and unforeseen circumstances to substitute any of the Lottery prizes for a similar prize at
16. The winners of the Lottery prizes will be notified by email and named on our website. Participants can call Marie Curie on 0800 716 146 to find out if they have won.
17. The Charity will send winners their prizes automatically by cheque.
18. By accepting a prize, the winner agrees to take part in promotional activity and the Charity reserves the right to use the name and location of the winner, and their photograph, in any publicity.
19. All participants are solely responsible for providing and (where necessary) updating the Charity with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and the Charity will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any participant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the participant has provided.
20. The Charity shall not be liable to any participant for any loss or damage suffered or arising from:
- any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by the Charity or the participant;
- any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by the Charity for the administration of the Lottery;
- any delays or failures in the banking system used by the Charity or the participant;
- any refusal by the Charity to accept an individual's entry or the cancellation of an entry;
- any event beyond the reasonable control of the Charity.
21. Any prize not claimed within 6 months will be treated as a donation - thank you.
22. The Charity is committed to protecting the privacy of participants. Personal information that is collected from participants is used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. As well as processing your Lottery entries, the Charity may also use your information to notify you of activities and/or events organised by the Charity which may be of interest to you. In providing your information to the Charity, you consent to the Charity using your information for these purposes. If you do not wish the Charity to contact you in this way, please write to us
23. The Charity reserves the right to:
- disqualify or decline to accept the entry of any participant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the participant has breached any of these Rules or otherwise acted fraudulently;
- terminate or suspend the Lottery for reasons beyond its reasonable control; or
- amend these Rules at any time. If the Charity does this, it will bring the amendments to the attention of participants by publishing the amended rules on this Website.
24. In the event of any dispute regarding the Lottery, if the dispute cannot be resolved by the parties, it will be referred to an independent third party.
25. Each participant should print and retain a copy of these Rules for their reference.
26. This Lottery is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. Please read our Responsible gaming guidelines or visit the GamCare website for more information on Problem Gambling.
27. The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Rules the Charity and all participants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
28. Any complaints relating to the Lottery should be sent in writing
29. To the extent permitted by law, Marie Curie excludes any liability for loss or damage incurred by any winner of a lottery prize in connection with or arising from the use of the Lottery prizes or participation in the Lottery.
30. Calls to our Lottery hotline (otherwise knows as Sterling Hotline) may cost no more than 7p per minute plus your service provider’s access charge.
Please click here to download our responsible gambling policy.
Our Prizes can vary at any time but will always be updated in the corresponding promotions. Our prizes are not interchangeable. Winners will be notified in writing within 28 days of winning.
Neither goodwaystowin.com, Marie Curie or any other party involved in creating or developing goodwaystowin.com will be liable for any kind of loss or damage which may result to you or a third party, including without limitation, any loss of income, profits, goodwill, date, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or involved in any way to business interruption from use of our website, any websites linked to goodwaystowin.com or the content on such websites. Also included is any loss or damage without limitation due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data, or other property on account of your access to our website, any use of or downloading any material from the website or any websites linked to the website.
In so far as we are able we exclude all liability for all direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damage which arises out of or in connection with the use of our website.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977), fraud, or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter.
If your use of the Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of your equipment, software or data, you assume all costs of this.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our website or service, then you should report it directly to the Marie Curie Supporter Relations team by calling 0800 716 146 (Mon – Fri,
Supporter Relations Team
PO Box 23897
14 Links Place