We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions, or to amend and implement any procedures, at any time without prior notice to you. Such amendments will be implemented at the discretion of Marie Curie and put into immediate effect. Such procedural changes will only be in response to the interests and security of members and competition entrants.
Restrictions of Use
Goodwaystowin.com and our competitions are only open to residents in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. You have to be of the age of 18 years old or older to register and enter on goodwaystowin.com.
If we have reason to believe a registered member is under the age of 18, from a country outside of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland or acting on the behalf of someone else, we have the right to terminate their membership and forfeit their respective winnings.
By registering a membership with goodwaystowin.com and by entering any of competitions you hereby confirm to goodwaystowin.com that at all such times you
- live in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland;
- are aged 18 years or over;
- are acting as principal and not on behalf of anyone else.
To register with goodwaystowin.com, you must create a username and password for security purposes. The password you create must be kept private and secure by you at all times. Failure to do so could lead to unauthorised activities on your account. Any transactions made on your account are accepted by us on the understanding that you are playing the games. If your account has been accessed by a third party and we are not informed, we accept no liability for any purchases. We permit only one account per person.
You agree to be solely responsible for all use of this website or any playing of the Games through the use of your account username and password. You are responsible for keeping all of these confidential.
1. This lottery (“the Lottery”) is being promoted by and on behalf of Marie Curie, a charity registered in England (number 207994 – England & Wales, SC038731 - Scotland) which operates as Marie Curie (“the Charity”).
2. The Charity is registered with the Gambling Commission (www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk) to operate the Lottery.
3. The registered Responsible Person for the Marie Curie Weekly Lottery is Meredith Niles.
4. These Terms and Conditions are the Lottery Rules. By entering the Lottery, participants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
5. The Lottery is open to all residents of Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) who are aged 18 (eighteen) or over except:
- Employees of the Sterling Lotteries Ltd.
6. The prizes for the Marie Curie Weekly Lottery are 1st Prize £2,000; 2nd Prize £200; 3rd Prize £75; 4th Prize £50; 5th Prize £25; Runners up: 45 x £10 prizes.
7. Any person found to be under 16 (sixteen) years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
8. When you purchase a ticket on the website, a unique ticket number will be generated, by random selection through secure computer software. This number will be issued to you by post.
9. All tickets are priced at £1 per week. Participants may purchase more than one ticket for each weekly draw and can enter up to 20 entries in the draw each week.
10. All Lottery entry sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All participants acknowledge that their payment of £1 per ticket to enter the Lottery does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
11. Full payment for each ticket must be received in cleared funds before the ticket can be entered into the draw. Only tickets for which full payment has been received are eligible to win a prize.
12. Payment for Lottery tickets can be made by debit/credit card or online Direct Debit.
13. The draw time for entries is every Friday between 9am and 2pm. However the Charity reserves the right to amend the draw time at its discretion.
14. The winning numbers for each draw will be chosen at random using a computerised system from all entries received by the closing date.
15. The Charity reserves the right in exceptional and unforeseen circumstances to substitute any of the Lottery prizes for a similar prize at the Charity's absolute discretion.
16. The winners of the Lottery prizes will be notified by email and named on our website. Participants can call Marie Curie on 0800 716 146 to find out if they have won.
17. The Charity will send winners their prizes automatically by cheque.
18. By accepting a prize, the winner agrees to take part in promotional activity and the Charity reserves the right to use the name and location of the winner, and their photograph, in any publicity.
19. All participants are solely responsible for providing and (where necessary) updating the Charity with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and the Charity will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any participant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the participant has provided.
20. The Charity shall not be liable to any participant for any loss or damage suffered or arising from:
- any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by the Charity or the participant;
- any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by the Charity for the administration of the Lottery;
- any delays or failures in the banking system used by the Charity or the participant;
- any refusal by the Charity to accept an individual's entry or the cancellation of an entry;
- any event beyond the reasonable control of the Charity.
21. Any prize not claimed within 6 months will be treated as a donation - thank you.
22. The Charity is committed to protecting the privacy of participants. Personal information that is collected from participants is used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. As well as processing your Lottery entries, the Charity may also use your information to notify you of activities and/or events organised by the Charity which may be of interest to you. In providing your information to the Charity, you consent to the Charity using your information for these purposes. If you do not wish the Charity to contact you in this way, please write to us at: Weekly Lottery Manager, Marie Curie, 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP.
23. The Charity reserves the right to:
- disqualify or decline to accept the entry of any participant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the participant has breached any of these Rules or otherwise acted fraudulently;
- terminate or suspend the Lottery for reasons beyond its reasonable control; or
- amend these Rules at any time. If the Charity does this, it will bring the amendments to the attention of participants by publishing the amended rules on this Website.
24. In the event of any dispute regarding the Lottery, if the dispute cannot be resolved by the parties, it will be referred to an independent third party.
25. Each participant should print and retain a copy of these Rules for their reference.
26. This Lottery is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. Please read our Responsible gaming guidelines or visit the GamCare website for more information on Problem Gambling.
27. The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Rules the Charity and all participants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
28. Any complaints relating to the Lottery should be sent in writing to: The Gaming Development Team, Marie Curie, 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP, or email us at email@example.com giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation. All complaints will be dealt with in accordance with our complaints policy.
29. To the extent permitted by law, Marie Curie excludes any liability for loss or damage incurred by any winner of a lottery prize in connection with or arising from the use of the Lottery prizes or participation in the Lottery.
30. Calls to our Lottery hotline (otherwise knows as Sterling Hotline) may cost no more than 7p per minute plus your service provider’s access charge.
Please click here to download our responsible gambling policy.
Our Prizes can vary at any time but will always be updated in the corresponding promotions. Our prizes are not interchangeable. Winners will be notified in writing within 28 days of winning. High-value prize winners may also be contacted by telephone. A full list of winners will be displayed on the corresponding game webpage and can also be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Neither goodwaystowin.com, Marie Curie or any other party involved in creating or developing goodwaystowin.com will be liable for any kind of loss or damage which may result to you or a third party, including without limitation, any loss of income, profits, goodwill, date, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or involved in any way to business interruption from use of our website, any websites linked to goodwaystowin.com or the content on such websites. Also included is any loss or damage without limitation due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data, or other property on account of your access to our website, any use of or downloading any material from the website or any websites linked to the website.
In so far as we are able we exclude all liability for all direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damage which arises out of or in connection with the use of our website.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977), fraud, or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter.
If your use of the Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of your equipment, software or data, you assume all costs of this.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our website or service, then you should report it directly to the Marie Curie Supporter Relations team by calling 0800 716 146 (Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm), emailing us at email@example.com or write to us at:
Supporter Relations Team
PO Box 23897
14 Links Place
VIP Raffle 2020
These Terms and Conditions are the Raffle Rules. By entering the raffle, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
1. For the purpose of the Gambling Act 2005, this raffle is defined as a 'Society Lottery'
2. This lottery is being promoted by and on behalf of Marie Curie. Registered Charity: Marie Curie, Charity Number 207994. (A charity registered in England (number 207994 – England & Wales, SC038731 – Scotland), having its principal place of business at 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP.
3. To enter the raffle, players must purchase one or more raffle tickets. Each ticket is unique and has a serial number. This serial number is used to determine the winner.
4. To enter the raffle you must be resident of the UK and aged 18 (eighteen) or over.
5. Tickets can only be bought on behalf of those aged 18 (eighteen) and over. Any prizes won with a ticket where the named ticket owner is under 18 will be immediately forfeit.
6. Selling on raffle tickets is illegal in Northern Ireland.
7. The prizes are guaranteed to be at least to the value of the below. The volume or values of the prizes may vary on a draw by draw basis, but will be at least:
- 1st prize: £8,000
- 2nd prize: £500
- 3rd prize: £250
- 4th Prize:£100
8. If a cash prize is awarded this will be made by cheque in the name of the entrant only.
9. All ticket stubs must be returned as instructed by the closing date of 3rd July 2020 in order to gain entry into the raffle. All late entries received after the closing date will be voided and the monies received for these entries will be treated as a cash donation to Marie Curie. Marie Curie or The Woods Group Ltd. will not be held responsible for any lost, late or incorrectly formatted entries.
10. Full payment for each ticket must be received either in the form of cash or cleared funds before the ticket can be entered into the draw. Only tickets for which full payment has been received either in the form of cash or cleared funds are eligible to win the prize.
11. All tickets shall be priced at £1. Raffle entry sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All entrants acknowledge that their payment of £1 per ticket to enter the raffle does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
12. By entering the raffle, entrants agree that if they win, their titles, surnames and town will be published on the website and potentially other promotional material. Should the winner object to their name being made available he/she should inform Marie Curie’s Supporter Relations team by calling us on freephone 0800 716 146 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We also request winners to complete a winner questionnaire and return a photo of themselves to use on future promotional material. Should this be returned to Marie Curie the permission to use it can be withdrawn at any time by a winner by emailing email@example.com or writing to Alanna Henderson, Marie Curie, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP. Whilst the completion of the questionnaire and provision of a photo is greatly helpful for Marie Curie’s promotion of the raffle it is not compulsory.
13. All proceeds go to Marie Curie.
14. Our external raffle management company is The Woods Group Ltd. The draw for the prizes will be made at our external raffle management company’s premises to be held on 13th December 2019. If the draw date falls on a bank holiday then the draw will take place on the next working day. Winners will be available on www.goodwaystowin.com five working days later.
15. Employees of The Woods Group Ltd. may not enter any Marie Curie raffle.
16. Marie Curie employees and family members of employees who could directly influence draws either by access to data or through relationships with third parties are not able to enter any Marie Curie raffle. All other employees are permitted to take part. A family member is considered to be a spouse, partner, close blood relation or spouse of a close blood relation.
17. All ticket stubs will be held securely until the date of the draw. Winning tickets will be determined by a random process in a secure environment and in the presence of an adjudicator. The order of determination of the winning tickets will determine the order of prizes allocated (i.e. the first ticket drawn wins the first prize and so on). Please note: it is not possible to predict the chances of winning a prize as this is not a ‘fixed odds’ raffle. You do not need to be present at the draw to win the raffle. A list of winners will appear on our website www.goodwaystowin.com or are available by phoning our Supporter Relations Team on Freephone 0800 716146 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm). You can also request a list of winners by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. The winners of the raffle prizes will be notified by letter within 30 days and we will attempt to contact the first, second, and third prize winners by phone. If we do not have these details we will send prizes/cheques via the post. The top prize will be sent via recorded delivery.
19. Where we are not provided with sufficient information to make out and send a cheque we will make every effort to contact the winner to obtain the required details. If we are unable to make contact within 14 days of the draw, unclaimed prizes will be reallocated to another raffle entrant. A number of extra draws are made on the draw date in case of this eventuality.
20. Marie Curie shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered or arising from:
- Any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by Marie Curie or the member from time to time.
- Any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by Marie Curie for the administration of the lottery.
- Any delays or failures in the Banking system used by Marie Curie or the member.
- Any refusal by Marie Curie to accept registration of an individual as a member or the cancellation of a member.
- Any failure to enter a chance into the draw.
- Any event beyond the reasonable control of Marie Curie
21. Marie Curie accepts no liability for loss, theft or delay and is not liable for any late bank payments.
22. There are no alternatives to the cash prize where cash is the only prize on offer and no interest is payable.
23. All entrants are solely responsible for providing Marie Curie with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and Marie Curie will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the entrant has provided. In the event that an entrant changes their contact details, they will be solely responsible for advising Marie Curie of the change.
24. Any complaints relating to the raffle should be sent in writing to Supporter Relations Team, 14 Links Place, Edinburgh, EH6 7EB, or by email to email@example.com , giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation. If a complaint can’t be resolved to your satisfaction you can refer this to our Alternative Dispute Resolution body, the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS). IBAS can be contacted by visiting their website, https://www.ibas-uk.com calling 0207 347 5883 or writing to Independent Betting Adjudication Service, PO Box 62639, London, EC3P 3AS.
25. Marie Curie is committed to protecting the supporter’s privacy. Data that is collected from the supporter is used lawfully in accordance with GDPR and is used for the purpose of processing raffle chances, subsequent entry into the raffle draw, and informing winners that they have won a prize. Unless otherwise indicated by you, Marie Curie may occasionally send you information via post to keep you up to date with our work, future fundraising opportunities and other ways in which you can support us.
Should you wish to change your preferences at any time you can contact our Supporter Relations Team on Freephone 0800 716146 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm)
26. Marie Curie may occasionally send you information via email/phone if we have consent to do so in this way. Should you wish to change your preferences at any time you can contact our Supporter Relations Team on Freephone 0800 716146 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm)
27. Marie Curie reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If Marie Curie does this, it will publish the amended rules.
28. Marie Curie has the right to change or update the Raffle Rules and/or prize fund at its discretion and raffle participants are invited to regularly check the website for updates. Any changes will be made available at www.goodwaystowin.com/termsandconditions and will be available upon request from Marie Curie’s Supporter Relations team.
29. Marie Curie reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these rules.
30. Neither Marie Curie nor our raffle management company shall be liable to you in contract, tort, and negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you in relation to your participation in the raffle (including loss of the opportunity to enter the raffle and/or the chance of winning a prize).
31. Each entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their reference.
32. This raffle is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. Should gambling become a problem we recommend you contact the Be Gamble Aware helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit their website on www.begambleaware.org
33. A written copy of these rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Gaming Team, Marie Curie, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP.
34. The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions and Marie Curie and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
36. In the rare event that any error occurs and tickets are not entered into the draw, unentered tickets will instead be entered into the next available draw.
37. Responsible person: Meredith Niles, Marie Curie, 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP. Charity reg no. 207994 (England & Wales), SC038731 (Scotland). Licensed by the Gambling Commission under the 2005 Gambling Act. gamblingcommission.gov.uk
Please click here to download our responsible gambling policy.